The Museum of Waitangi Te Kōngahu opened on 7 February 2016.
Winner of 'Best Museum Project' at New Zealand Museum Awards 2016.
Entry to the Museum of Waitangi is included in the Waitangi Treaty Grounds Day Pass.
Click here to read more
NEW Day Pass
NZ residents (ID required) $20
Child * (up to 18 years) Free
* Children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. Price not valid for schools or groups
Your Day Pass includes:
- Admission to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Entry to the brand new Museum of Waitangi
- The Waitangi – Birthplace of a Nation introductory film (22 minutes)
- An informative Guided Tour with one of our local guides
Duration: 50 minutes
Daily schedule: Every hour on the hour, 10am to 4pm
- A high-energy, entertaining Cultural Performance
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Daily Schedule: October and November: 11am, 1pm and 3pm
- December to March: 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm and 3.30pm
- April to September: 11am, 1pm and 2pm
- Full access to New Zealand’s most historic site, featured icons, bush walks and spectacular Bay of Island’s views